After thinking more about the Broward County school shooting, I believe that it is worth taking a look at the issue from the national level, and to suggest that the Democrats, the other leftist groups, and the media are deliberately moving this country to the edge of a civil war, probably believing those it oppresses will not take up cudgels against them. Several supporting points for this idea stand out to me as most important:
- To repeat, the great mass of Americans know that they are clearly being lied to about the school attack in Florida, as they continue to be lied to about the Las Vegas shooting. This congenital government lying, as I have said here before, is by itself a good reason for buying the most powerful weapons possible and stockpiling ammunition.
- The Democrats, the media, the banks, the tech giants, and some other businesses are making an all-out effort to dismantle the 2nd Amendment. That is, a small but rich and powerful section of the population wants to take an inalienable right from the rest of the population, while they, their guard forces and governments at all levels will remain armed to the teeth. If successful they will have what all authoritarians know is necessary to hold power, a monopoly on the tools of force. Strike 1.
- The same entities also are picking up the pace of their ongoing strangulation of the 1st Amendment by mandating the deletion of what some claim are thousands of conservative and libertarian social media sites and channels. We are seeing in real-time — in this once free-speech republic — the Nazi-like spectacle of a thoroughly corrupt, terminally adolescent outfit like CNN ordering YouTube and other social media providers to remove such outlets and those orders are being followed to the letter. Strike 2.
- The same entities, President Trump, and much of his party all seem to be moving toward preventing all access to the AR-15 rifle — which is not an “assault rifle” — a gradual process they will start by raising the age at which one can by the rifle and finish by banning all rifle sales. Why? Because the rifle has been used in school shootings? No, this is only a justification for the unjustifiable. And the left’s claim that the Founders, when embedding the 2nd Amendment in the Constitution, did not foresee the great growth in the power and lethality in small arms, and so would not have included it today, is an illogical and completely bullshit piece of argumentation. The Founders included the 2nd Amendment precisely because they knew that over time, weaponry — like the tools of agriculture, industry, maritime commerce, communications, etc. — would grow in strength and complexity. Their goal was never, during the duration of the republic’s life, to allow a situation where the citizenry could not defend itself with the best weapons of the age against a tyrannical government. To think that the Founders believed American citizens could protect their liberties from tyrants emerging in future generations and centuries with black-powder, muzzle-loading muskets accurate at no more than 80-100 yards is to regard them not as the great, prescient men they were, but as idiots with the same room-temperature IQs as Maxine Waters, and Adam Shiff. The Democrats, et al., obviously want to ban the AR-15 and then all rifles because they detest all Americans who disagree with them and intend to rule them as they did their Black slaves in the antebellum era. Strike 3.
- The same entities are responsible for forming sanctuary cities and states in an effort to break the republican government guaranteed by the Constitution, as well as the Union that is the sheet-anchor of the republic’s existence. The leaders of these cities and states warn, protect, and hide illegal aliens, criminals, MS-13 gang members, Antifa, BAM, and BLM terrorists and thereby endanger the lives of citizens and the national government’s law enforcement officers seeking to execute lawful operations meant to deport or incarcerate the scum with which these locales are rife. Strike 4 – one more than necessary.
The Democrats and their aforementioned allies, who spare no effort to denigrate the Confederacy’s political, military leaders, and destroy their statues, are much more violent Union-destroyers than the Confederates ever were. As I have said, I believe the Confederates started the war too soon by firing on Fort Sumter after Lincoln tried — as was his duty as president — to resupply it with provisions. To justify any attack, Davis should have waited for Lincoln to fire the first shot, by a U.S. military attack, a naval blockade, or ramming anti-slavery legislation through the post-secession Congress. Just before Davis ordered the attack, his Secretary of State, Robert Toombs, told him that his order
“will inaugurate a civil war greater than any the world has yet seen … It is suicide, murder, and will lose us every friend at the North. You will wantonly strike a hornet’s nest which extends from mountains to ocean, and legions now quiet will storm out and sting us to death. It is unnecessary; it puts us in the wrong; it is fatal.” 
Toombs was right. Davis had no credible constitutional basis for secession and war, and his attack did unite much of the north and rallied it to save the Union. Today, however, Americans have the constitutionally legitimate reasons to rebel the South lacked. A nefarious, often-violent, and always anti-republican cabal led by the Democrats is dedicated to dismantling the population’s inalienable and natural rights, censoring or removing its opponents on the internet, ruining the reputations and businesses of people who disagree them, and breaking the Union. These are legitimate constitutional justifications for a rebellion aimed at permanently eliminating the republic’s domestic foes and, as well, they are very close to being factors that make such a war not only necessary but the constitutional duty of a well-armed, anti-tyranny citizenry.
Four strikes? Perhaps enough is enough? “There is great justice with our cause,” Machiavelli wrote in The Prince, “because when it is a necessary war, that war is just; and weapons are hallowed when there is no other hope but in those weapons.”  Unless President Trump acts soon to stop this blatant attempt to install tyranny “there is no other hope but in those weapons.”
- Toombs is quoted at https://www.care2.com/causes/on-this-day-1861-civil-war-begins-as-the-confederacy-attacks-fort-sumter.html
- Nicolo Machiavelli, The Prince, Chapter 26